Forbes Magazine recently published a list of 15 Body Language Blunders You Should Know.
Here are 15 body language blunders you should know: (To view the other ten no-no’s from Forbes click right here. )
- Slouching is a sign of disrespect.
- Exaggerated gestures can imply that you’re stretching the truth.
- Watching the clock while talking to someone is a clear sign of disrespect, impatience, and inflated ego.
- Turning yourself away from others, or not leaning into your conversation, portrays that you are unengaged, uninterested, uncomfortable, and perhaps even distrustful of the person speaking.
- Crossed arms—and sometimes crossed legs, are physical barriers that suggest you’re not open to what the other person is saying.
These are real-life body language blunders. They’d apply in job interviews, negotiations and just regular daily interactions with others.
The same kind of ‘body language’ can be detected in your Headshot Photo. If your headshot photographer is good he or she will already be watching for signs of a hidden message. It comes in the way you are directed or posed. There are so many little nuances that can send the wrong signal to a potential customer. You really have to be careful.
When choosing a Headshot Photographer ask them how you will be directed. What directing experience do they have. Also have a look at their work. What ‘feelings’ do the photos give you about the people you’re looking at.
This skill is more important than the kind of camera or lighting the photographer has. Also, ask about experience shooting Headshots. Shooting proper professional Headshots is not the same as photographing rock concerts or food. They should be a Headshot expert.